Deciding the best restaurant website isn’t a cakewalk as it goes far away from choosing a website for an online store. Starting from high-end photo galleries to order booking, menu management, and Google map integration, a perfect restaurant website covers everything. After all, it all depends on how well you can retain customers.
Thus, you can’t go wrong with any of the mandatory features. Otherwise, your business would be at stake.
Keeping this in concern, we have mentioned the 11 best website builders in this article. Each one of them is full of efficient features that are needed to run a successful food business. And, yes, most of them are free.
Let’s move forward.
Top Website Builders For Restaurants: In A Nutshell (2023)
|Sr. No.||Website Builder||Pricing|
|1.||Shopify||$29 per month|
|2.||Squarespace||$27 per month|
|3.||WordPress||$27 per month|
|5.||Rocketspark||$31 per month|
|6.||Zyro||$3.68 per month|
|8.||Flavor Plate||$39 per month|
|11.||Wix||$16 per month|
When it comes to the best restaurant website builders, our first choice is Shopify.
Being one of the easiest-to-use website-building platforms, every newbie restaurant owner picks Shopify to build a store for their food business. From setting up a top-notch storefront to selling the first food item, everything goes on very smoothly on Shopify.
Luckily Shopify has 270 premium themes to choose from. So, no matter whether you have a high-end restaurant or a small food stall, Shopify has your back. Every theme on Shopify is fully customized and responsive. You don’t need prior tech knowledge or coding knowledge to operate them.
Apart from themes, there are lots of other features on Shopify, like Shopify POS, Shopify app integrations, out-of-the-box SEO, and plugins, that cooperatively make Shopify the best website-building option for restaurants.
Shopify Key Benefits for Restaurants:
- 270 + Premium and updated themes
- The easiest-to-use platform
- Streamlined order fulfillment
- Quality customer support
- Shopify POS is the best way to manage product inventory.
- Shopify’s Foodie is a great app for food delivery management
- Moreover, you can use the Foodify app to create an online menu.
- Active Customer support
- A bit pricey for beginners.
- Basic: $29/month
- Shopify: $79/month
Squarespace is another outstanding website builder for restaurants. Every Squarespace site comes with built-in designing tools and templates that you can use to build a fully designed-food store. All you have to do is to select the “restaurants” options from the category bar and choose a template aligned with your brand.
Moreover, Squarespace goes the extra mile by providing a completely customized reservation process where your customers can select the party size, time, and date and book orders from you. It means better UX, and better UX leads to better conversions.
Apart from that, you can offer online orders, use imagery, and promote your restaurants with Squarespace’s built-in features.
Squarespace Key Benefits For Restaurants:
- Out-of-the-box website design templates
- Menu blocks for categorizing your menus
- Create subscription products for recurring revenue.
- Promote your restaurants via social sharing
- Optimize your store for search engines and make it visible to other customers
- Gift cards and discounts for conversions
- All the features for restaurants are available on Premium plans.
- Personal: $16/month
- Business: $23/month
- Basic commerce: $27/month
- Advanced Business: $49/month
The next pick is WordPress, one of the most popular website builders available in the market. With hundreds of premium templates (free & paid) and dozens of different payment gateways, WordPress helps you create a perfect website for your restaurant.
WordPress’ flexible interface, menu templates, photo galleries, reservation-making integrations, and plug-ins are efficient for building a professional website that your customers will love and enjoy.
WordPress Key Benefits For Restaurants
- WordPress restaurant themes (Astra, Divi, Cafe Pro, etc.) are specially designed by experts and provides you with all the features you need to run a successful website.
- Numerous payment gateways ( PayPal, Stripe, Razorpay, and many more) to choose from.
- Drag-and-drop page builder
- Icons and Emoticons to attract visitors
- Customizable web pages
- Phenomenal SEO features
- You have to depend more on integrations and plug-ins than on built-in features.
- Free: $0
- Personal: $5/month
- Premium: $9/month
- Business: $15/month
- eCommerce: $27/month
If you are a beginner trying your hands out in the online food business, we recommend Weebly, the cheapest yet most effective website builder for businesses. From creating yummy restaurants menu to taking unlimited orders, everything is just a matter of a few clicks on Weebly.
Weebly integrates with Gloriafood, that’s specially designed to serve online restaurants. Thus, with Weebly, you can turn your website into a successful food business without the extra hassles of managing hundreds of apps.
Weebly Key Benefits for Restaurants
- Super smooth and easy-to-navigate
- Take unlimited orders without any headache of extra costs
- Drag-and-drop menu editor
- Real-time notification for order fulfillment
- Free SSL security
- Active Customer Support
- Specially designed to help newbie businesses. It’s not appropriate for high-end restaurants.
- Free: $0
- Connect: $10/month
- Pro: $12/month
- Business: $25/month
Next comes Rocketspark, another top-notch website builder used by award-winning chefs and hospitality businesses. No matter whether you have a local food stall or truck or a luxury restaurant, Rocketspark will meet your needs with its efficient functionalities and designed themes.
Unlike its competitors, Rocketspark won’t limit you to the template features only. You can customize them in your own way. Not only that, Rocketspark lets you create a website in mainly two ways – 1. Create one with its simple drag-and-drop editor, and 2. Connect with a Rocketspark expert and get a designed website done.
Moreover, Rocketspark has made the whole order fulfillment process easier by offering a custom form where you can gather customer information and contact details in one place.
Additionally, Rocketspark’s other built-in features, like blogging features, social media integrations, and analytics, have made this platform the first choice of world-class business owners.
Rocketspark Key Benefits for Restaurants
- Multiple restaurant-specific themes
- Take orders and streamline them via custom forms
- World-class customer support
- Built-in blogging features
- Analytics and reporting tools
- Social media integrations
- Lack of icons and emoticons
- Website builder: $23/month
- eCommerce Grow: $31/month
- eCommerce Pro: $50/month
Our Next choice is Zyro, the most underrated yet effective restaurant website builder. The best part that makes Zyro stand out among the crowd is its easy-to-use interface. Without prior tech knowledge or expert guidance, you can set up an attractive-looking website within a few hours.
In addition, Zyro has compiled all the important features, including seamless online ordering, menu creation, a clear layout to display the menu, and marketing and SEO tools that are mandatory to run a successful online food business.
Zyro Key Benefits for Restaurants
- Modern templates specially designed for restaurants
- The smoothest and easiest-to-use platform
- Display the menu in a clear layout
- Advanced SEO and marketing features
- Online ordering
- Not applicable to growing and big restaurants.
- Business: $3.68/month
We have added Webflow to this list because here, you can create a beautiful-looking restaurant website and sell foods online without zero coding knowledge. Let’s be transparent here – though Webflow is not as easy as Zyro and Rocketspark, but you’ll find everything very easy once you start using this platform.
A high-quality photo gallery is one of the efficient features you need to consider in a restaurant website, and Webflow ranks top in this criteria. Thus, more than 3 lakh designers use this platform to create a visual canvas.
Apart from that, Webflow has covered other mandatory features, including SEO, customer information capturing features, and animations. Thus, don’t forget to give it a go if you are looking for the best restaurant website builders in the market.
Webflow Key Features for Restaurants
- Responsive themes and designs
- Animations and emoticons to create an attractive store
- Out-of-the-box SEO features
- Webflow is fully optimized for marketing
- It’s a bit hard to use for beginners.
- Starter: $0
- Basic: $14/month
- CMS: $23/month
- Business: $39/month
- Enterprise: custom price
8. Flavor Plate
Flavor Plate is another top-notch website builder especially dedicated to restaurants only. Flavor Plate doesn’t only let you create a beautiful-looking website with attractive themes but takes care of other efficient features like online ordering, menu management, gift card sales, and so on.
However, unlike other website-building platforms, Flavor Plate gives you a 60-day money-back guarantee, which we appreciate.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a website that has covered hosting, SEO, and online compliance testing in one place, Flavor Plate is for you.
Flavor Plate Key Benefits for Restaurants
- Menu management
- Online ordering
- Built-in SEO tools
- Event Calendar
- Customer support
- A dedicated account manager
- Pricing is slightly high in comparison o its rival, but it’s worth it.
Flavor Plate Pricing
Moving on to Jimdo, the one-stop solution for creating a killer restaurant website. With Jimdo, you don’t need to worry about costly delivery apps because it lets your customer place an order in person.
Apart from that, Jimdo gives you access to other top-notch features like Sleek menu management, reservations, bookings, google maps integration, social media apps, third-party apps integration, and whatnot.
All you have to do to choose a domain name and connect your social channels with your store. That’s it – you are ready to sell with Jimdo.
Jimdo Key Benefits for Restaurants
- Local Pickup
- Sleek menu
- Online booking option
- Social media integration
- Integrate third-party apps
- Mobile-friendly website
- Less number of designed templates
- Play: $0
- Start: $4/month
- Grow: $6/moth
- Unlimited: $15/month
10. Square Online
Square Online is a budget-friendly website builder that has everything that a restaurant websites needs, such as reservations, online orders, and menus. The best part about it is that you only pay when you make a sale. They also manage & accept orders in-house and online for you. It also has a personalization option, meaning when someone opens your website on mobile, it will feel like an app, and it will show them their recent orders, recommendations, and so much more.
There are not many templates available on Square Online; they only have one default template, which you can edit however you want. There are plenty of customization options available, making your website look completely different from any other website. You can sink your online and offline workspace together using Square Online’s POS feature.
Square Online Key Features For Restaurants:
- Create & launch a mobile ordering page in a few minutes
- Accept payments via various payment methods
- Take orders from social media
- In-built menu creator with multiple customizable features
- Dedicated POS system that you can link to your restaurants
- Integrate with on-demand delivery services like DoorDash
- Square online’s does not have the tools to help large businesses
Square Online Pricing
- Free: $0/month
- Plus: $29/month
- Premium: $79/month
Wix is one of the best website builders for creating websites for restaurants. It is not a specific website builder for restaurants, but it still has plenty of features that can help you design the best website for your restaurant. From its template library, you can easily find high-quality restaurant-specific templates, which you may find on other website builders that are listed here.
Wix also offers a ton of marketing features that you can use to attract customers for your restaurant and increase your reach. Some of those features help you take online orders from your customers, allow customers to book a table in your restaurant, showcase your menu on social media platforms, and so on.
You can easily customize your website with its drag & drop editor, or you can just let Wix ADI create a website for you based on your requirements. You also have the option to start from the very beginning without taking using any template. This way, you will have more control over your website and its design.
Wix Key Benefits for Restaurants:
- 60+ restaurant-specific templates
- Over 700 templates can be customized to fit your restaurant
- Wix Restaurant Menus App
- Wix Restaurants Order app for taking online orders
- Wix Reservations App for reserving seats at your restaurant
- Third-party Integrations like Eat App, DoorDash Drive, and more
- Two apps – one for your customers and one for you
- In-built email marketing feature
- Some Wix apps have poor interfaces and don’t have a lot of features to help you work with.
- Combo Plan: $16 per month
- Unlimited Plan: $22 per month
- Pro Plan: $27 per month
- VIP Plan: $45 per month
Conclusion: Best Website Builder For Restaurants (2023)
Here we compiled the top 11 website builders for restaurants. But you can’t try all of them at a time. You need to pick the best among them. So, here are a few tips you need to consider as a restaurant website owner before choosing one.
- Bulk order-taking capacity
- World-class photo gallery
- Creative control
- Bulk customization option
- Menu management
- Social media integration
Once you find all of these features in a place on a pocket-friendly budget, that website is your perfect suit. But before everything, make sure you are specific about your target audience. If you fail here, everything will go in vain.
However, as far as our experience and research are concerned, we will make Shopify, Rockerspark, and Zyro our first choice.
Have you already decided on your favorite one? Let us know below.