Amazon is among the largest e-commerce platforms, with over 330 active buyers across the globe. Selling on Amazon means targeting the enormous buyer base of this platform. The best part about this platform is that anyone can sell their products.
To sell your product on Amazon, you must create your own Amazon Storefront. If you are wondering “How To Make An Amazon Storefront?”, check out this article.
In this article, I have provided a step-by-step guide to creating your Amazon storefront.
So, without further delay in our journey, let’s begin.
Steps To Make Your Amazon Storefront
Amazon offers various customizable and pre-designed templates to make your store setup process effortless.
Below are the steps to make an Amazon Storefront:
1. Create Your Amazon Seller Account And Set Up Your Store
The first step to creating your Amazon Storefront is to make your Amazon seller account and set up your store. For this, you must follow the following steps:
- Visit the official page of Amazon seller
- Sign up by providing the required details, like your name, email address, and phone number.
- Choose a professional plan.
After creating your Amazon seller account, you must set up your store. Remember, setting up your store means registering your brand with Amazon. To be a part of the Amazon brand registry, you must have your brand name or logo marked on your products.
To become part of the Amazon Brand Registry (ABR), you will require an active registered trademark in the country where you intend to enroll. Alternatively, if you have a pending trademark application submitted through Amazon IP Accelerator, you can also use that.
Here are the steps to complete the setup of your store:
- On your Amazon dashboard, navigate to the Stores tab and click the Manage Store option.
- On the next window, click the “Create Store” button.
You must enter your brand name and logo to complete your setup process. Remember, you have to include a logo image with 400*400 pixels. Similarly, your brand name should not exceed the 30-character limit.
2. Create A Homepage And Landing Page For Your Store
Creating your home page is another crucial step to make your storefront stand out. It is the first thing your potential customers notice after entering your Amazon store.
Amazon offers pre-designed templates to create your storefront. You can choose the one that suits your niche and brand.
The following are the four pre-designed templates from Amazon:
- Marquee: It uses bold pictures to attract attention to your brand products.
- Product highlight: It focuses on your bestseller products using images or videos.
- Product grid: It allows you to display all your products in a grid-like format.
- Blank: It will enable you to customize your homepage per your needs.
After choosing your desired template, you must include a meta description for your home page to let search engines know everything about your home page.
Moreover, short snippet text can also help you to rank your Amazon store in Google searches. The brief snippet will give viewers a preview of your store or products, so make it informative and catchy.
Like creating your home page, landing page creation is also crucial. You must follow the following steps to create your landing page:
- Create a strong headline.
- Deliver compelling offer
- Add key landing page feature
- Keep design and copy simple
- Analyze and track
3. Add Product Pages And Build Your Store
Product or product detail pages are the pages that potential buyers notice when searching for a product on Amazon. Remember, each product has details, like photos, names, and more. The following are the steps to add product pages:
- Open the Amazon seller sign-in page. Sign in with your Amazon account username and password.
- Navigate to the manage your inventory page, and click “Create a product detail page.”
- Categorize your product by entering the search term under the search box and clicking “find the category” or browsing for the category.
- Identify your product by entering its name and other information like UPC, ISBN, or EAN code.
- Give a product description and upload product images on the next page.
- Give product shipping details, and set your price. The information or data will be displayed on the product page.
4. Customize Your Storefront
Customization allows you to build your store as per your taste and specifications. Customization of Amazon storefront is easy because its interface follows the drag-and-drop approach.
Several tiles are arranged based on the design you picked. You can customize these tiles with any content, like images, videos, and text. You can also use links in these tiles. You will also get a preset box for a hero image at the top of the page. The hero image will be most prominent in your store.
Below are the steps to customize your storefront:
- From the navigation bar, select “Create Store.”
- You will be asked to choose a template from its pre-made library.
- After this, you will be redirected to the store builder.
- Choose a tile and start customization.
You will get a ton of customization options. Don’t hesitate to try all content tiles and find out what works best. Remember to customize a store that attracts an audience and is easy to navigate.
5. Submit Your Storefront For Review
After completing the customization, click the “submit for publishing” button to submit your store for review. Once you submit your storefront, Amazon will review it within 24 hours. Once approved, your store will be visible to customers on Amazon.
After approval, you can also use advanced analytical tools to determine what is working, how to increase your revenue, and more. Several tools or features are available on Amazon to assist you in succeeding in the eCommerce industry.
Overall, creating an Amazon storefront is straightforward and can provide uncountable benefits. You only need to experiment with the layout to find the best look for your store.
Note: If you’re interested in reading more stats on Amazon statistics, this article is a great resource to check out.
How To Set Up Your Storefront On Mobile?
Creating your storefront on Mobile is a breeze with Amazon. Whether you’re a seller or an influencer, you can quickly begin selling using your smartphone. Here’s a simple guide to help you get started:
1. Navigate To “Update Your Page.”
Sign in to the Amazon mobile app with the email address or phone number you used to join the influencer or mobile program. Tap on the person-like icon located at the bottom. Now, scroll down to the “Your Account” section and tap “Your storefront.” After entering the storefront section, tap on “edit your storefront.” Now, you will get the “Update your Page” button. Tap on it.
2. Update Your Profile Photo.
After visiting the “update your page” section, you will be required to update the profile picture of your Amazon seller account. To update your Amazon profile picture, tap on the camera icon in the small box. Choose your photo from your phone gallery or take a new one.
3. Update Your Cover Photo.
After updating your profile photo, it is high time to upload your cover photo. Tap the camera icon to edit your Amazon cover photo, choose a picture from your phone gallery, or take your new image. Remember, the picture must be 1275px X 284px or less than 5 MB.
4. Add Page Title
A Page title helps your customers to learn about you. Your name, social handle, and brand name could be your page title. It is recommended to avoid using any social media networks’ names or Amazon trademarks in your page title.
For Example: You should not write Alex’s Facebook Finds. Instead, you can write “Alex’ Cool Finds” or similar things.
5. Add Page Tagline And Save.
Your page tagline has to represent everything about your page or storefront. Using a tagline like “Shop your shoes.” would be great. After adding a tagline, tap on the Save button to save the changes.
How To Set Up Your Store On A Desktop?
Setting up your Amazon store is also possible with a desktop. Below are the top steps to set up your Amazon store on your desktop:
1. Create A Professional Account
Creating a professional account is necessary to complete your Amazon store. Below are the steps to create a professional account:
- Go to the official website of Amazon sellers.
- Click on the sign up button on the page’s right side.
- Provide the required details, like your email address and contact details.
- Choose a professional plan.
- Finish the account setup by following the registration process.
2. Register With The Amazon Registry
After creating a professional account, you must register with the Amazon brand registry. Here are the steps to follow to register with the Amazon brand registry:
- Enter information about your brand name, logo, and more.
- Verify the information with a Government ID and phone number.
- Give proof of trademark registry, domain name registration, and more. Amazon will contact the person associated with the registry to verify the details.
- Afterwards, submit the application for review. Amazon will confirm the trademark by contacting the trademark office and sharing a code required to complete your registration. It might take from 24 hours to one month.
- After approval, you will get a verification number or code to become a member of ABR.
After approval, you can create engaging content for every product page, like lifestyle images, brand messaging, and more.
3. Create Your Homepage
After registering yourself with ABR, log in to your Amazon seller account. From the ad console, go to store>manage the store. After visiting the managed store, you will see the brands qualify for store creation.
Now, choose any brand and follow the additional steps Amazon wants you to do. Choosing pre-designed templates is among the crucial tasks to perform. Amazon provides four customizable and pre-designed templates.
4. Build Your Store pages
After creating your homepage, you must design additional pages depending on deals, discounts, best-selling products, and more. Paying attention to the finest details while building your store pages would be great.
5. Add The Content Tiles To Every Page
Content tiles are interactive elements like images, galleries, videos, and more that customers can engage with on every page of your store.
6. Upload Your Products
Uploading products allows you to use attractive product photos, headlines, and other elements to attract clicks. Once your page designs are ready, it’s time to add your products. Just like any store, you’ll need a collection of items available for buyers to choose from.
The good news is that you can easily upload your entire product inventory simultaneously. All you need to do is assign ASINs or UPC Codes to each product. Then, it’s as simple as copying and pasting.
Amazon simplifies this process by allowing you to search for the ASINs of products you sell on their Marketplace.
7. Submit Your Store For Review
After uploading products, you must submit your store by clicking the “submit for publishing” button. Remember, Amazon will review the seller’s store within 24 hours or more before making it accessible to the public.
- How to sell clothes on Amazon
- Amazon Keyword research
- Best Amazon FBA Tools
- Start An Amazon FBA Private Label Business
- How to Start Dropshipping on Amazon
Conclusion: How To Make An Amazon Storefront (2023)
Creating an Amazon storefront requires deep research and careful implementation. Following the steps outlined in this blog can help you create your Amazon storefront successfully. By building your storefront on Amazon, you can get uncountable opportunities to take your eCommerce business to the next level.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and launch your storefront now.
Yes, anyone can make an Amazon Storefront. Amazon is a custom shopping destination for independent brands to sell their products and items. To create your storefront, you must enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry.
Yes, anyone can join the Amazon affiliate program. It is also known as Amazon Associates, which allows individuals to monetize their blogs, websites, or social media.
The more effort you make, the more traffic you will receive and the more money you will make. Amazon Storefront pay commission varies from 1% to 20%.