TikTok Age Demographics In 2024 (By Gender)

TikTok emerged after many leading social media platforms but quickly became the fastest growing within a few years.

Now, TikTok is the 6th most popular social media platform in the world by its number of users. TikTok has more than 1.09 billion users.

You are at the right place if you are a TikTok creator or influencer and want comprehensive insights into TikTok age Demographics.

I have compiled all the essential statistics about TikTok Age Demographics in this article. 

Let’s get it:

Overall TikTok Age Demography 

When creating content for TikTok, it’s essential to understand your audience’s demographics. This knowledge will assist in planning an effective TikTok strategy.

The majority of TikTok users fall within the age range of 18 to 34 years. Specifically, 71% of TikTok’s user base comprises individuals within this age group, which amounts to approximately 0.77 billion users.

Approximately 30% of TikTok’s user base comprises individuals aged 35 and above, which accounts for over 0.31 billion users.

TikTok Age Demographics - Tiktok Age Demography

When examining the age range of TikTok’s user base, we observe that 37.3% of users are between the ages of 18 and 24, accounting for over 0.41 billion users.

To gain a deeper understanding of the platform’s age demographics, please refer to the table below, which offers a thorough breakdown of TikTok’s user base according to age.

Age GroupTikTok Users
18 to 24 years37.3%
25 to 34 years32.9%
35 to 44 years15.7%
45 to 54 years8.3%
More than 55 years5.8%

Now let’s get the number of TikTok users by age. 

Age GroupTikTok Users
18 to 24 years419 million
25 to 34 years354 million
35 to 44 years170 million
45 to 54 years87 million 
More than 55 years60 million 

TikTok Age Demography By Gender

It is worth noting that while other social media platforms have a higher proportion of male users, TikTok has a predominantly female audience. In this analysis, we will delve into the age demographics of both male and female TikTok users.

TikTok Age Demography By Gender

Female

According to Statista, over half of TikTok’s users (53.4%) are female, while the remaining 46.6% are male. This accounts for more than 0.58 billion female users and 0.50 billion male users.

Of the 53.4% of female TikTok users, 37.9% fall between 18 and 34 as of June 2023. The remaining 15.5% of female users are over 35.

This indicates more than 413 million female TikTok users aged between 18 and 34, while 168 million are over 35.

If we break it down, more than 20.9% of Female users are aged between 19 to 24, and only 3.1% are more than 55 years old. 

Here is a table showing comprehensive insights into female TikTok users by age. 

Age GroupTikTok Female UsersNumber Of Female TikTok Users
18 to 24 years20.9%227 million
25 to 34 years17%185 million
35 to 44 years8.1%88 million
45 to 54 years4.3%46 million
More than 55 years3.1%33 million

Male

As we can see, 46.6% of TikTok users identify as male, making up 0.50 billion of TikTok’s total user base as of 2023.

Of these male users, 33% are under the age of 34, while the remaining 13.6% are 35 or older. This accounts for 359 million male TikTok users under 34 years old and 148 million male TikTok users aged 35 and above.

Interestingly, only a small 2.5% of male TikTok users are above 55. Please refer to the table below for more detailed information on male TikTok users.

Age GroupTikTok Male UsersNumber Of Male TikTok Users
18 to 24 years17.5%190 million
25 to 34 years15.5%168 million
35 to 44 years7.5%81 million
45 to 54 years3.7%40 million
More than 55 years2.4%26 million

TikTok Age Demography In the United States

The United States is the largest market for TikTok, with the highest number of users worldwide. Approximately 14.86% of TikTok users reside in the United States. 

Understanding the age distribution of TikTok users in the United States is essential.

Let’s get it. 

Based on TikTok’s data, the United States currently boasts the most significant number of TikTok users worldwide, with a reported 150 million users as of June 2023.

Out of the 150 million TikTok users, a quarter of them are between the ages of 10 and 19. As a result, most of TikTok’s user base consists of individuals from the Gen Z demographic.

Over half of TikTok’s users (52.8%) are over 30 years old, which translates to 79.20 million TikTok users.

Let’s gather TikTok’s comprehensive information on the age demographics of users in the United States as of 2023.

Age GroupPercentage Of TikTok UsersThe Number Of TikTok Users
10 to 19 years25%37.50 million
20 to 29 years22.4%33.60 million
30 to 39 years21.7%32.55 million
40 to 49 years20.3%30.45 million
More than 50 years11%16.50 million

TikTok Advertising Audience Age Demography

Based on a report by Data Reports, TikTok Ads have the potential to reach 885 million TikTok users, with projected ad revenue of $13.2 billion by the close of 2023.

To effectively advertise on TikTok, it’s important to understand the platform’s age demographics. Here’s a breakdown of the details.

TikTok Ads have the potential to reach 11.06% of the global adult population, which translates to a staggering 885 million users on the platform.

According to recent data, 3.4% of the total ad audience of TikTok is under 18 years old, which accounts for 30.09 million users.

57% of TikTok’s ad audiences are female, while the remaining 43% are male. This translates to 504.45 million female ad audiences and 380.55 million male ad audiences.

Now let’s get detailed insights into TikTok’s Male and Female Ad audiences.

Female

According to a report from Data Reportal, as of June 2023, 42.6% of ad audiences who identify as female are under the age of 34. The remaining 12.5% are 35 years or older, making up a total of 377.01 million and 110.62 million users, respectively.

 Below is a complete breakdown of female ad audiences by age as of June 2023.

Age GroupThe Percentage of Female Ad Audiences of TikTokThe Number of Female Ad Audiences of TikTok
18 to 24 years old25%221.25 million
25 to 34 years old17.6%155.76 million
35 to 44 years old7%61.95 million
45 to 54 years old3.5%30.97 million
More than 55 years old2%17.70 million

Male 

Most male TikTok ad audiences fall within the 18 to 24 age group, making up 17.9% or 158.41 million users. Another 13.6% of male ad audiences are aged 25 to 34.

Here is a complete breakdown of male ad audiences by age as of June 2023.

Age GroupThe Percentage Of Male Ad Audiences Of TikTokThe Number Of Male Ad Audiences Of TikTok
18 to 24 years old17.9%158.41 million
25 to 34 years old13.6%120.36 million
35 to 44 years old5.8%51.33 million
45 to 54 years old2.8%24.78 million
More than 55 years old1.4%12.39 million

Conclusion: TikTok Age Demographics (2024)

TikTok has gained popularity among all age groups, but Gen Zs and millennials particularly favor it. According to the above statistics, the most prominent age group on the platform falls within the range of 18 to 24 years old.

However, in the United States, the age group that uses TikTok the most is between the ages of 10 and 19. Therefore, the app is also popular among American children.

I trust that you have found this article to be informative. If there is anything that I may have overlooked, kindly leave a comment below to bring it to my attention.

FAQs

Who is TikTok’s target audience? 

TikTok focuses on a young, tech-savvy audience. TikTok’s user base is primarily composed of more youthful individuals.

Which country has the most TikTok users?

The United States has the largest number of TikTok users in the world, with 150 million users. Most TikTok users in the United States fall under the age group of 10 to 19. 

Does TikTok have 18+ content?

TikTok is implementing various tactics to ensure it’s For You Feeds are safe for all viewers, not just those over 18, with the 18+ filter being just one of them.

What age is restricted on TikTok?

Direct messaging is a feature on TikTok that is exclusively available to registered account holders who are aged 16 and older. For safety reasons, direct messaging is automatically disabled for registered accounts between the ages of 13 and 15.

Which age group uses TikTok the most?

TikTok is most popular among users aged 18 to 24 years old. It is particularly favored by Gen Z and Millennial demographics.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top