This post covers a detailed review of Wix, one of the top beginner-friendly website builders. After experimenting with many website builders, we have covered you with the easiest one to use.
Wix has over 228 million users as of May 2023; ease of use is one of the most crucial factors behind its popularity. This super-intuitive website builder comes with many features suitable for creating a premium website in a few steps.
Let’s look at what we love about the platform before taking a detailed look at every feature.
Wix Review: In A Nutshell
Based on our understanding and personal use, we give Wix a rating of 4.5 stars. Let’s now take a brief look at detailed findings:
- Plans starting from as low as $7/month and $12/month for the website and eCommerce plans, respectively.
- More than 500 customizable templates with a drag-and-drop editor assisting personalization.
- A super-intuitive website builder and ease-of-use feature make it suitable for beginners without prior experience in website building.
- Highly suitable for building small online stores with no transaction fee and an
abandoned cartrecovery feature with every plan.
- Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) helps create and get your website live within a few clicks.
- A variety of website and eCommerce plans help users pick the most suitable option for their business.
- Minimum restrictions with third-party integrations.
- A two-week money-back guarantee ensures you experience minimal risk and take an informed decision.
Pros And Cons Of Using Wix
Let’s look at the pros and cons before understanding the platform’s suitability.
Pros Of Using Wix
Here are some significant reasons why users prefer Wix over other options:
- 500+ fully customizable templates with a drag-and-drop editor, making it suitable for beginners without technical knowledge.
- Two-week money-back guarantee for all paid plans. Experiment with the paid ones and get your money back if you change your mind.
- Wix provides feature-enriched templates suiting the selected industry. For instance, a restaurant template will come with a booking feature.
- A wide variety of eCommerce tools make it suitable for opening an online store.
- The extremely flexible editor allows you to move every website element, giving you creative freedom conveniently.
- Allows animations for added visual domination
- Wix app marketplace allows you to choose from various apps that tackle the functional aspect.
- Easy integration of third-party apps to your Wix website.
- Wix ADI assists in quickly creating a personalized website suiting your requirements.
- Automatic backup ensures you never lose valuable information and get access whenever needed.
Cons Of Using Wix
Let’s now look at some cons of using Wix:
- Wix doesn’t allow you to change the template once the website goes live. You need to start over if you wish to use a different one.
- The marketplace mostly consists of third-party apps demanding additional investment.
- Wix prioritizes customization, so the editor is filled with different options assisting you with the process. It might seem intimidating and confusing at first to new users.
- Slow-loading speed in case of certain elements.
- Tracking and analytics require shifting to paid plans (not included in the free plan).
Who Should Use Wix?
Suitability: small businesses, creative websites, and personal branding sites.
Wix is suitable for businesses more inclined towards the visual aspect of a website. It’s suitable for personal branding websites, small eCommerce stores, and businesses. It’s great for people with little to no sense of building websites. Complete beginners can develop a highly professional website in a few clicks.
Wix is widely known for the limitless creative freedom it offers. You get to choose everything suiting your requirements. But you don’t have much say in the matter when it comes to other aspects, including site maintenance, hosting, updates, uptime, etc. In short, users don’t have much say in the technical aspect. Wix is the platform for you if you are looking for an easy-to-manage platform that reduces your extra effort in managing every aspect.
Here are some examples of beautifully designed visual-dominated websites using Wix.
1. Seven Grams Caffe: Cafe And Restaurant Website
We love this stunning restaurant and cafe website covering testimonials, easy buying options, and a fascinating image gallery.
2. Tobias Becs: Portfolio Website
This is a great example of a creative portfolio website containing images, the latest updates, videos, and a booking option.
3. The Sofia Log: Personal Blog Website
Take a look at the playful theme of a travel and food blog created by Sofia. It uses a cool and modern approach to sharing ideas and imagery.
Wix Design, Customization, and Templates
Users can either build a website from scratch or choose from the available templates that are easy to edit with the drag-and-drop editor. More than 500 templates with exceptional designs crafted by professionals make Wix stand out in the competition.
Niche-based templates targeting education, fashion, photography, etc. are also available to users. Users can further customize these templates based on their specific needs.
Let’s take a look at certain customization options to make the most of the stunning templates:
- Wix has a beautiful color palette providing numerous enticing colors.
- Scroll through the large font library to select the one that speaks for your brand.
- You can change the menu and the entire navigation system to suit your requirements.
- Wix customization makes websites more responsive for all devices.
- Showcase your products, services, customer testimonials, etc. using images and videos.
Wix Artificial Design Intelligence | Create A Website In A Few Clicks
Are you looking for a quick solution to get your website up and live?
Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) will instantly build a personalized website with custom text, images, and style based on your responses to certain questions. You can further edit the layout and make changes as you go. Based on your answers to certain questions, they design the pages, add texts, images, etc., which you can modify further.
Which Wix Editor Is Easier To Use?
Wix comes with two editors: Wix Editor and Wix ADI. The Wix ADI designs your website without you getting involved. You just need to answer a few questions, and it will create a website based on your choices. It also allows you to make changes to the final design. However, it is not an ideal choice if you want complete control over your website.
The Wix Editor is a classic website builder that most platforms. With Wix Editor, you can create your website from scratch, and you will have complete control over your website. It has a drag-and-drop interface where you choose to select an item and drop it on the website. It is quite clear that Wix ADI is much easier to use because the AI does all the hard work, and it creates a website that is tailored to your needs. But if you want full control over your website, then I would recommend you to use the Wix Editor.
Wix Pricing Plans
Note: Go for a yearly Wix Premium Plan to purchase the plan at a discounted rate and enjoy promo code benefits.
Alert For Students: It also provides a discounted premium plan for students where you can enjoy 60% off of all yearly premium plans with your Student ID.
- Wix offers a free custom domain name for one year.
- If you only aim at creating a website with a custom domain name to establish credibility for your business, then go for Connect Domain and Combo Plan.
- Entrepreneurs and freelancers aiming to drastically increase their leads and conversions through a premium website must go for Unlimited And VIP packages.
- Business and eCommerce plans require various tools for driving traffic, showcasing products, retaining customers, etc.
Is Wix’s Free Plan Worth It?
Wix’s free plan is great to use but comes with multiple restrictions. You cannot connect a custom domain name or third-party apps even for analytics or tracking purposes.
Price range: $4.50-$35 (annual subscription)
Wix has seven different plans neatly broken down into website and eCommerce plans. Let’s take a quick look at the website plans and the associated costs.
|Website Plans||Monthly Subscription||Yearly Subscription|
|Connect Domain||$7||$54 ($4.50/month)|
|Combo Plan||$16||$102 ($8.50/month)|
|Unlimited Plan||$22||$150 ($12.50/month)|
|VIP Plan||$45||$294 ($24.50/month)|
Let’s look at Wix’s available website plans you can choose from.
- Connect Domain
Suitability: personal and short-term business use
Use it to familiarize yourself with the Wix platform before you can switch to other premium plans.
Limited Bandwidth And Storage: 1GB and 500MB
Connect Domain is a budget-friendly plan costing $4.50 per month ($54 per year) for a yearly subscription. The monthly plan costs $7 per month. The starting plans include a free SSL certificate ensuring security and active customer support at all times. The plan has many drawbacks, including availability at limited locations, bandwidth, and storage space.
- Combo Plan
Suitability: personal and small business projects (blogs and landing pages)
Bandwidth and Storage: 2GB and 3GB
Wix Combo Plan begins with a monthly subscription of $16 and the yearly package costs $8.50 every month. The combo plan includes everything provided in a Connect Domain Plan, enjoy a free domain name for 12 months, and no unwanted Wix promotion on the website.
Which Plan Is Better Between Connect Domain And Combo Plan?
We would suggest you go with the Combo plan, as you can remove Wix ads to give a professional look, enjoy great storage and bandwidth, and showcase your business in a video format for thirty minutes or less.
- Unlimited plan
Suitability: highly suitable for freelancers and small or large business owners
It’s the most preferred Wix plan due to its affordability and feature-rich experience. The plan comes with monthly pricing of $12.50 if taken for an annual subscription and $22 for a monthly subscription.
- No limit on bandwidth and 10 GB of storage space.
- Free integration of Visitor Analytics app helping you measure key website metrics like page traffic, bounce rate, etc. for a period of one year
- Free integration of the Site Booster app helps you in improving results on SERPs.
- VIP Plan
Suitability: entrepreneurs looking to provide an exceptional website experience with videos, images, documents, and other aspects.
Bandwidth and storage: unlimited and 3GB storage
VIP plan offers all the necessary tools and resources for establishing a solid online presence. An annual package costs $24.50, and the monthly option comes for $45.
Along with the features and benefits of the unlimited plan, the VIP plan gives you access to the following:
- reliable customer support even at odd hours.
- Design a premium-looking company logo
- Unlimited bandwidth, sufficient(35GB) storage space, and ample amount of video hours (five).
VIP Vs. Unlimited Wix Plan: Which Is Better?
Freelancers and entrepreneurs hunting new clients will highly benefit from the features mentioned in the Unlimited Plan.
Entrepreneurs or professionals looking to provide an exceptional website experience through a blend of content formats must go with the VIP plan. You can use high-quality images, detailed videos, animations, documents, etc., to guide your visitors throughout.
Business and eCommerce plans
Here is a simple breakdown of eCommerce plans offered by Wix.
|Plans||Monthly Subscription||Yearly Subscription|
|Business Basic||$27||$204 ($17/month)|
|Business Unlimited||$32||$300 ($25/month)|
|Business VIP||$59||$420 ($35/month)|
- Business Basic
Suitability: small eCommerce businesses
It covers all the basic features required to set up and run your online store. The yearly subscription costs $17 every month, while the monthly subscription is set at $27. Small eCommerce stores that do not require excessive storage space can opt for this plan.
It comes with the following features:
- 20GB storage space and you can showcase as many products as you want.
- Option to select relevant social channels, including Facebook and Instagram, to start selling straight away.
- 5 Video hours to showcase your offerings, testimonials, etc., for an enhanced website experience.
- Increase your sales with automated emails on abandoned carts by sending reminders about the products people have in their carts.
- Business Unlimited
Suitability: growing businesses
Business Unlimited plans come with a monthly subscription of $32 and a yearly subscription with a monthly rate of $25 ($300).
The plan comes with all the features offered in the basic plan plus the following:
- Offer subscriptions to your customers for recurring sales
- 35 GB storage space for a smooth experience.
- Sufficient Video Hours (10) to create value-enriched content that improves overall customer experience.
- Cater to your different audience segments by providing payment options in multiple currencies.
- Dropship up to 250 products through Modalyst and save yourself from inventory management.
Suitability: create a full-fledged eCommerce business with no limitations.
Business VIP costs $35 per month for a yearly package, while the monthly subscription costs $59. With this plan, you can access all of Wix’s premium features and apps. It includes everything the Business Unlimited plan plus the following:
- 50 GB storage space (highest in the three packages).
- No restrictions on video hours to create content without any hassle
- Schedule important events without any hassle using the calendar app (free).
- Exceptional customer support to ensure all your queries are answered immediately.
Note: Go for a yearly subscription to enjoy additional benefits of coupons on app purchases, vouchers, and logo designing.
Business Unlimited Vs. Business VIP: Which One Is Better?
Both plans are suitable for starting and running an eCommerce website. But the Business VIP plan lets you make the most of the website-building platform. You get access to all premium features Wix Stores, Wix Bookings, Wix Restaurants, Wix Hotels, Wix Video, and Wix Events.
Note: Get started with the Business Unlimited plan and switch to Business VIP once you get familiar with the platform and the benefits aligned with every plan.
Ascend By Wix: Online Marketing And Customer Management
Choosing a website-building platform that provides you with relevant marketing tools plays an important role in growing your business. All Wix users can get access to the marketing tools on their dashboard under Ascend’s Marketing Tools. Here is a list of some crucial tools you must use:
Email Marketing Tool:
Ascend helps you keep your audience engaged and updated about your business through effective email marketing. Make the most of your strategy by using ready-made templates with customization options, easy integration with your mailing list, tracking stats, etc.
Built-In SEO Tools
The built-in SEO tools effectively identify the weak areas in your website’s SEO and help you achieve a better ranking in SERPs. It tackles all crucial SEO areas, including SEO-friendly title tags, descriptions, keywords, and image alt texts. New website owners require a platform with built-in SEO tools to develop a strong presence on search engines.
Social Media Presence
Ascend social posts by Wix assist you in showcasing products, sales promotion, posting inspirational quotes, and other enticing content formats to drive engagement.
Video Content Creation
Creating and promoting video content helps businesses drastically increase organic traffic for their site. Ascend Video maker will help you create enticing promotional videos for your business. Take advantage of free visuals, templates, sounds, etc., and create engaging video content for your website and social media platforms.
Sending manual messages or reminders to your customers gets hectic, especially if you have a huge mailing list. The marketing automation section under Ascend’s Customer Management assists in frequent customer interactions to keep your audience engaged. Create drip campaigns and set up a series of automated emails to welcome new subscribers, send sale reminders, thank them for purchases, etc.
Wix eCommerce Payments: Is It Suitable For Secured Payments?
Wix is known for relying on secure payment providers, including Wix payments and more than 50 payment getaways for conducting secured transactions. Here is how Wix protects all eCommerce payments and transactions:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard certification ensures all transactions are conducted in secure environments.
- Transaction monitoring ensures it protects users from cyber attacks.
- Data analysis and machine learning assists in fraud blocking and prevention.
Lastly, Wix also conducts frequent third-party audits and bug bounty programs for identifying severe vulnerabilities.
You can easily manage your payments and payouts from your dashboard. Wix Payments assists you in conducting secured transactions without requiring a third-party payment provider.
Wix provides multiple payment options, including leading debit/credit card brands like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Some additional payment options like Apple Pay, Pix, Boleto, etc. are available in certain locations.
Final Verdict: Is Wix Right For You?
Wix is an excellent option if you want to develop a premium-looking website with minimum effort. The plans are affordable and feature-enriched as compared to other available options. Furthermore, Ascend by Wix provides you with all relevant marketing and customer management tools to assist in substantial growth.
FAQs On Wix Revew
Wix ADI or Artificial Design Intelligence, is the quickest way to create a website using the platform. Just answer a few questions to get your website live as soon as possible.
No, Wix is suitable for both beginners and advanced-level website builders. Wix ADI helps beginners get started with minimal tech knowledge. On the other hand, professionals can start from scratch and design a premium website based on their preferences.
Wix’s free plan comes with 500 MB of cloud storage and 500 MB of bandwidth. The plan also has an ample amount of restrictions and isn’t suitable for building a professional website.
Wix’s ease of use and collection of beautiful templates makes it easy to start a blogging website. The built-in tools will also help you improve website traffic and grow it over time. It’s great for beginner bloggers to start and learn along the way.
Wix is a great option if you plan on starting a small eCommerce store with a moderate budget. It comes with a plethora of features, tools, and customization options to help you grow your store.