Video marketing has become a crucial part of marketing as marketers look for innovative ways to attract an audience. Video marketing plays a major role in the strategic conversion of leads.
According to the experts, video marketing is a powerful way to convey the brand story, build relationships with consumers and explain the products. 36% of marketers stated that their primary goal of video marketing is to increase brand awareness and reach new leads.
In the following article, you will find astonishing facts and figures related to video marketing. We have also listed statistics on video marketing on social media, video marketing and consumer behavior, video marketing market value, etc.
Video Marketing Statistics(Top Picks)
- Users remember 20% of what they see.
- 26% of the search results on Google are video snippets.
- 3.1 billion users view video content globally.
- 36% of marketers believe that the essential factor while creating video content is capturing viewers’ attention in the first few seconds.
- There are over 244.4 million digital global video viewers in the US.
- 63% of marketers have a view that promoting videos on social media is an excellent strategy for video marketing in the year 2023.
- 86% of the marketers stated that they have successfully generated leads with the help of video marketing.
- 88% of marketers wish to merge Youtube into their video marketing strategy.
- Video marketing helps to generate leads 49% faster and quicker as compared to other marketing strategies.
- 39% of marketers feel that short-form videos have the highest ROI.
- 36% of marketers reported that the average length of marketing videos is one to three minutes.
- More than 91% of the consumers nned to see more online video content from brands.
- According to the research from the businessinsider.com, among the total video marketing professionals, 86% of them use video as a marketing tool.
- More than 90% of the video marketers say they earned good ROI from video marketing.
General Video Marketing Statistics
Vlogs, Reels, short-form videos, how-to guides, product reviews, service demos, live streaming, and other forms of video marketing have helped the brands to attract more clients. The engagement of consumers with video content has paved the way for the expansion of the video marketing industry. In the following section, we have listed the general facts and figures related to video marketing.
- 37% of the companies create video content in-house, while 14% depend on an agency for the video content.
- 79% of people prefer to watch videos compared to reading about products
- 92% of the overall marketers believe videos are the most important part of their marketing strategy as of 2023.
- 80% of the people reported that they remembered a video
- 49% of the companies reported that they created videos in-house as well as hired an agency to create video content.
- 69% of the marketers reported that they own production equipment used to create video content.
- 244.4 million people in the US preferred watching digital videos as of record in the year 2020.
- 61% of marketers use Adobe Premier Pro. It is the most popular software for video editing.
- 44% of marketers use the iPhone as the primary camera for creating their video content.
- 45% of the companies reported that they have a team of two to five dedicated to creating video content.
- 42% of marketers reported that video content through an agency resulted in better content creation.
- 69% of marketers stated that having an in-house content creation team provides more creative control and flexibility.
- 68% of marketers reported that the benefit of hiring an agency to create video content is receiving higher quality videos that appear to be more professional.
- 77% of companies and organizations reported that they use YouTube to host their marketing videos and to reach their audience.
- $7,000 to $10,000 is spent by 14% of the companies to create video content.
- 65% of marketers claim that the production of a video is the most expensive component of the video creation process.
- 74% of the companies have optimized their videos for silent autoplay.
- 31% of the companies and brands published 2 to 4 videos monthly.
- 29% of the brands started to give priority to video content from the year 2019.
- 39% of marketers stated that lack of time to create video content is the major challenge while creating video content.
The following table displays the challenges faced by marketers while creating video content.
|Inability to convince key decision-makers to implement video marketing||Percentage of Marketers|
|Lack of time||23%|
|Lack of knowledge about where to begin||16%|
|Don’t feel the need for video marketing||13%|
|Uncertainty on the ROI of video marketing||7%|
|Inability to convince key decision makers to implement video marketing||5%|
- 36% of companies reported that the primary goal of creating video content is to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences.
Effectiveness Of Video Marketing.
Is video marketing efficient enough? What is the effectiveness of the marketing strategy? What are the important factors of video marketing? Let’s find the answers to these questions in the following section.
We have answered all the queries related to the effectiveness of video marketing using the latest statistics.
- 36% of marketers believe capturing viewers’ attention in the first few seconds is important in creating effective video content.
The following table highlights the important factors in creating compelling video content according to marketers.
|Important Factors In Creating Effective Video Content.||Percentage Of Marketers|
|Capturing the viewers’ attention in the first few seconds||36%|
|2. Effectively promoting videos||36%|
|3. Keeping videos concise.||33%|
- 63% of marketers believe that promoting videos on social media is one of the most effective video marketing strategies.
The following table denotes the most effective strategies for promoting video content.
|Effective Strategies To Promote Video Content||Percentage Of Marketers|
|Promoting videos on social media||63%|
|Adding videos on companies website or blog||47%|
|Optimising titles and descriptions for SEO and running paid ads.||47%|
- 44% of marketers reported that creating video content is relatively easy compared to the other tasks of marketing.
- 59% of marketers reported that video marketing is moderately effective in reaching the overall business goal of the company.
- Video marketing has an average ROI according to 55% of marketers, while 41% claim it has a high ROI.
- 32% of marketers felt that the most effective way to attract leads from video content is to link them to the landing pages of the brand’s website.
- 54% of businesses are using videos on their landing pages.
- 44% of marketers reported that they use view count to measure the metrics of the video content.
The following table highlights the top metric considered to measure the performance of the video content.
|Top Metric Marketers Use To Measure Video Content Performance.||Percentage Of Marketers|
- One to three minutes is the average length of marketing videos, according to 36% of marketers.
- 40% of marketers reported creating video content to help customers understand their products and services.
- 68% of marketers reported that showcasing their products and services with the help of video content helps them to generate the most significant ROI.
- 63% of the marketers reported that the content related to the latest cultural moments, news stories, and updates helps generate the most engaging videos.
- 59% of marketers have created a video that has gone viral.
- 24% of marketers reported that funny content has more chance of going viral.
Video Marketing Usage Statistics.
Video marketing is used by more than 80% of brands to boost their engagement and drive traffic to their website and social media handles. Here are a few statistics related to the usage of video marketing strategy. These stats will give you insights into how brands use videos to attract consumers.
- 82.5% of the web traffic is obtained from video content online.
- There is a 25% growth in firms that have used video marketing strategies since the year 2016.
- 86% of marketers stated that they use videos as a content marketing tool.
- 79% of the marketers that did not use video marketing reported that they will use the strategy in the year 2023.
- 22% of the video views take place on Thursday. Hence, most marketers publish their video content on Thursday.
The following table highlights the percentage of views on video content on different days of the week.
- 87% of marketers have reported that video content has helped them to increase the traffic on their websites.
The following table helps us to understand why marketers use video marketing.
|Reason for starting to use video marketing||Easier to convince others in the business on the value of video content|
|Videos are easy to create in-house||46%|
|Eaarier to convince others in the business on the value of video content||46%|
|Video was made necessary by new challenges like covid 19 pandemic||43%|
|It has become quicker and less time-consuming to create video||38%|
|Video have become more affordable||27%|
|It has become clearer on the ROI of video||22%|
Video Marketing Market.
The video Marketing market has multiplied in the previous years. It is expected that it will bloom in the coming decade as well. The revenue generated and the industry’s market value has predominantly increased in the past two years. Let us take a look at the figures related to the market of the video marketing strategy.
- Between the years 2022 to 2027, Ad spending is expected to show an annual growth rate of 12.06%.
- Advertisement is still a multibillion-dollar industry.
- By the end of the year 2027, the projected market value of video marketing is expected to be $318.80 billion.
- In the year 2022, the projected market revenue of video advertising was $81,050 million. A maximum share of the revenue is expected to be generated in the United States.
- As compared to other marketing strategies, videos generate 49% faster revenue.
- $35.35 is the average spending per internet user in the video advertising segment as of record in the year 2022.
- Connected TV is predicted to have an annual growth rate of 13.16% between the year 2022 to 2027. Video marketing will play a major role in its growth.
- The estimated market volume of Connected TV by the end of the year 2027 is expected to be $48.63 billion.
- The following table displays the average spending on digital video advertising in the United States from the year 2019 to 2023.
|Year||Spending On Video Content|
- The expenditure on digital video advertising is expected to increase to $120 billion by the end of the year 2024.
- In the United States, spending is expected to increase to 12.66 billion by the end of the year 2024.
Short Video Marketing Statistics
- 39% of marketers believe that short videos have the biggest ROI.
- The average length of short videos is 20 to 60 seconds, according to 64% of marketers.
- According to the data from Demandsage, around 68% of the watch a short corporate video in under one minute.
- Instagram and TikTok are the two most popular platforms for posting short-form video content.
- 51% of advertisers use short-form videos to raise their spending in 2023.
- According to the 47% of marketers surveyed, short-form videos have the highest chance of going viral.
- 41% of the marketers reported that the average watch percentage of their short videos used for marketing was 61 to 80%.
- The optimal length of live videos was reported to be seven to nine minutes, according to 26% of marketers.
- 58% of the marketers reported short-form videos on platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Reels, and YouTube shorts are the leading video format they leverage while marketing.
Long Video Marketing Statistics
More brands prefer long-form video content like fireside chats, review videos, webinars, etc. The viewers seem to like longer, educational and informative videos. Here are a few stats on long videos used for marketing.
- Landing pages that include explainer videos convert leads efficiently by 86%.
- 97% of marketers believe that the explainer videos help their consumers better understand their products and services.
- 68% of the users said that they prefer to watch a detailed video on how to fix a service or a product over contacting customer support.
- Unboxing videos are the most preferred long video content.
- 69% of consumers look out for product demos before purchasing a product.
Video Marketing On Social Media.
70% of marketers believe that YouTube is the top social media platform for sharing videos, followed by Instagram and TikTok. Besides, social media has played a significant role in increasing the popularity of video content. In the following section, you will come across facts and figures related to video marketing on different social media platforms.
YouTube Video Marketing Statistics
- YouTube consists of over 2.5 billion active users as of 2023.
- 59% of the leads are generated from video content posted on YouTube.
- 27% of the marketers reported that they plan to invest more to create marketing videos to be shared on YouTube.
- 78% of marketers believe that YouTube is more effective in reaching overall business goals.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine. Many people use it to look for video content.
- 56% of marketers reported that YouTube ranks 2nd in generating the biggest ROI.
- 46% of marketers reported that YoTube is the best platform to share video content.
- 70% of YouTube users reported that they made a purchasing decision after seeing a brand on YouTube.
- 70% of the viewers reported that YouTube makes them aware of new brands and services.
Instagram Video Marketing Statistics
- 64% of the marketers reported that their video content had the highest engagement when they shared the marketing videos on Instagram.
- 56% of the brands will increase their investment to create videos for sharing on Instagram.
- 55% of the marketers said they shared a mix of organic and paid content on Instagram.
- 66% of the leads are generated using marketing videos on Instagram.
- 50% of Instagram users have visited a website to buy a product after watching an advertisement on stories.
- 70% of Instagram users swiped up on Instagram story ads to take a look at the website or product.
- 60% of the Instagram story videos are watched with sound on.
- Sponsored videos received three times more comments than sponsored photos.
- Instagram video posts witness twice the engagement compared to other types of posts
LinkedIn Video Marketing Statistics
- As of now, there are more than 840 million people who use LinkedIn.
- Most LinkedIn users are from the Asia Pacific region.
- Compared to conventional videos, live broadcast videos yield seven times more responses and 24 times more comments.
- LinkedIn users are 20 times more likely to share video content compared to other forms of content.
- Sponsored advertising on LinkedIn is the most successful type of advertising, and videos can be sponsored too.
- There are more than 840 million LinkedIn users.
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
- 85% of the marketers that have used Facebook for video advertising believed they were successful.
- 35% of the marketers said they had used Facebook live as a marketing tool.
- 85% of Facebook users don’t turn on the sound of videos.
- 62% of the people who watch stories across Meta apps have said that they have become more interested in seeing stories related to different brands and products.
- Facebook has 56.6% of male users, while females make up 43.4%.
TikTok Video Marketing Statistics
- 54% of the companies reported that they plan to increase their investment in the videos for TikTok in the year 2023.
- TikTok has over 1.39 billion monthly active users as of 2023.
- More than 1 billion videos are watched by people on TikTok daily.
- 167 million hours of video are watched by TikTok members in one online minute.
- Females total around 57% of TikTok users, while 43% of them are males.
- In the year 2021, videos on TikTok that were longer than 1 minute received more than 5 billion views.
- GenZ use more Tiktok than Instagram.
- TikTok advertisements reach 17.9% of internet users that are aged 18+.
The Effect Of Video Marketing On Email.
None of the areas of marketing has been left unaffected by the video content. So is the case with email marketing. Videos are included in the email marketing strategy to generate more interactive and engaging emails. Let us take a look at how video marketing has affected email marketing strategies.
- Emailing videos increased the click rate by 300%.
- According to 44% of marketers, video marketing makes email more engaging and interactive.
- A thumbnail video has the capacity to increase the engagement of email by 41%.
- Including the word video in the email’s subject line helps to increase the click-through rates by 65% and open rates by 19%.
Devices Used To Stream Videos
- Users most commonly use smartphones to stream videos on the internet.
The following table highlights the ranking of the devices that consumers use to stream video content.
|3||PC and Laptop|
- Roku is reported to be the most popular device in the USA.
- Samsung is the most popular CTV device in Canada as of quarter 4 of the year 2022. It had a reach of 44%. Roku, with a 21% reach, ranked second and Amazon, with a 14% reach, ranked third.
The following table is a breakdown of the most popular CTV devices in the USA.
|CTV Device||Market Share in USA|
Sources: Pixalate, Demandsage, Statista.
Consumers’ View On Video Marketing
Consumers prefers video content above all other content available on the internet. The video content helps them to understand the offerings of the brands clearly. Moreover, videos generate more engagement with the brand. In the following section, we have listed stats related to the consumers’ view of video content.
- 78% of the users reported that they watch videos weekly.
- 6 hours and 48 minutes are spent by internet users weekly watching videos online.
- 55% of consumers watch videos daily.
- Videos are shared 12 times more than text and pictures jointly.
- Watching a review can impact our emotions more than reading about a product review.
- 90% of the customers said they make purchasing decisions based on the videos that they have seen.
- 96% of the people reported that they had seen a detailed explanation video of a product or a service.
- 54% rise in brand awareness can be detected due to video marketing.
- 88% of the customers would love to see more videos from their beloved brands.
- 58% of consumers believe that user-generated content is more authentic than branded content.
- User-generated content is 9.8 times more impactful while making the purchasing decision.
- 79% of customers reported that user-generated content highly impacts their decisions while buying a product.
- Consumers in the industries like tech and cosmetics mostly prefer video reviews of the products.
- Testimonials from consumers are one of the most effective forms of content marketing.
Impact Of Covid-19 On Video Marketing
Covid-19 has affected all industries. Some industries witnessed a rise, while others witnessed a fall in market value and revenue. Here are a few statistics demonstrating the pandemic’s effect on the video marketing industry.
- 64% of marketers claim that covid-19 has impacted their video marketing plans in the years 2021 and 2022.
- 80% of increased engagement is seen with video content after the pandemic.
- 41% click rate is observed for the video searches on Google.
- More than 60% of consumers reported watching more YouTube videos after the pandemic.
- 66% of the firms used videos to communicate with their stakeholders.
Video Marketing Trends For 2023
78% of the marketers felt that the video content has directly increased their business sales. Furthermore, it was found that 85% of consumers preferred video content from the brands over other types of content. Hence in the year 2023, more brands are planning to shift toward video marketing. Let us take a look at the facts and figures related to the expansion of video marketing in the year 2023.
- 88% of marketers want to integrate YouTube to expand their video marketing strategy, while 68% plan to integrate Instagram and LinkedIn in the year 2023.
The following table displays the percentage of marketers who want to integrate with various video marketing channels.
|Video Marketing Channel||Share of Marketers|
|Virtual Reality (VR)||14%|
- 31% of the organizations reported that they plan to increase their investment in online video software in the year 2023.
- 31% of the organization said that they would maintain their current expenditure for the year 2023 to create video content.
- Ad spending on the video advertising segment is projected to reach more than $180.40 billion in the first quarter of the year 2023.
- In the year 2023, the average spending in the United States for digital Video advertising is expected to reach 78.45 billion.
- Music Videos are expected to remain the most popular video content in the year 2023.
The following table highlights the popularity percentage of various video content in the year 2023.
|Video Content||Share of Respondents|
|Vlogs and Influencer Videos||25.6%|
|Product Review Videos||27.4%|
|Tutorials and How To Videos||30.6%|
|Comedy, Meme, Viral Videos||36.7%|
|Sports Clips and Highlight Videos||26.3%|
|Live Streaming Videos||29.5%|
Wrapping Up: Video Marketing Statistics (2023)
That’s all about video marketing statistics.
Brands will increase their investment in video content creation in the year 2023 as it has the potential to spike their engagement in the coming decade. Video marketing is the best solution to reach more audience, generate leads, increase sales, and improve brand awareness.
We hope that these video marketing strategies will help you create the most suitable strategies according to your target audience in the year 2023. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please mention them in the comments below.
If you liked the above article, check our website for updated stats and articles. We keep updating our articles regularly with the latest happenings in the industry.