Selling on Amazon is the easiest online business to start with fewer resources. But to make it most lucrative, you must sell the right products that are in demand.
If you’re one of those people looking to sell products in high demand, You should definitely read this blog! I have written this blog post to help you understand the in-demand products to sell on Amazon. In this article, you’ll learn how to pick the best products to sell on Amazon and a curated list of products you can sell. If you want to make your Amazon business easy yet lucrative, read the blog to the end.
How To Choose The Best Products To Sell On Amazon?
The following considerations should be taken into account when choosing products to sell on Amazon:
- You should choose products that are trending and in demand. Let’s say in covid days, there was an excessive demand for products like gloves, oximeters, hand sanitizer, and masks. Similarly to this, you should identify the things that are in high demand and sell them.
- You can readily find them by searching for Amazon best sellers and downloading the list from Amazon.com. This will give you a general notion of market demand.
- You should experiment with different products to determine which categories work out and which people are interested in buying. You will eventually come across new, popular products that are not listed on Amazon. In this manner, testing various product benefits reveals the list of in-demand products.
- Before selecting the products, conduct an appropriate market study. You will gain knowledge of the product categories that organizations offer, as well as their customer acquisition methods. You can better your business by understanding the pain points of the competitors by paying close attention to them.
- You can choose an evergreen product, and its demand never fades away. Regardless of the season of year or fashion, consumers always use these things. These products include kitchen accessories, washing essentials, pet supplies, etc.
- Additionally, you have the choice of the less competitive products. Although these products are not widely available, there is a market for them. You can become one of the top sellers for the product category on Amazon by selling these high-quality products and gradually expanding your product line.
- You can sell seasonal products on Amazon, including apparel for the different seasons, festive gifts, and other products like cookies, diyas, rakhis, and Christmas decor. You can increase the number of customers by selling unique and quality seasonal products.
Above mentioned are a few factors to consider while choosing the best products to sell on Amazon. There are no specific guidelines for what to sell on Amazon; you must determine this by testing various products. By experiencing all these phases, you can build a plan around your business and understand how to operate.
List of 10 Best Products To Sell On Amazon
|S.No.||Product Categories||Best Products|
|1.||Pet Supplies||Dog food, fish food, pet grooming kits|
|2.||Home & Kitchen||Rice cookers, air fryers, espresso machines|
|3.||Toys & Games||Lego, Rubik’s Cube, yo-yo|
|4.||Electronics||Smart TVs, home theater systems, pen drives|
|5.||Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry||Boots, ripped jeans, bracelets, ladies’ tops|
|6.||Handmade||Gift baskets, soaps, woven bags|
|7.||Print-on-Demand||T-shirts, patches, hats, hoodies|
|8.||Video Games||Game controller, Play Station, Nintendo Switch|
|9.||Digital Products||Music, digital art, applications|
|10.||Books & eBooks||Kindle Books, Audiobooks, Fiction & Non-Fiction Books|
Here we have listed the best products to sell on Amazon. Let’s get inside it.
1. Pet Supplies:
Nowadays, many people in urban areas adopt pets as a part of their families. Pet ownership has greatly increased in recent decades. Pets maintenance has been a top priority for many people. People spend a considerable amount of money to keep themselves healthy and comfortable. This is a decent chance to expand the business.
Additionally, there is a market gap in the availability of pet supplies and other essentials. There are no restrictions on any season, trends, or other factors in this booming sector. If the customer likes and trusts your items, this category is a recurring income.
Some products you can consider selling include pet foods, eating and drinking utensils, pet accessories, first aid kits, pet grooming kits, pet beds, and treats.
2. Home & Kitchen:
One of the most popular categories is home and kitchen. People often search for unique house decor, kitchen appliances, and other necessities. There can be a plethora of things you can sell in this category. You can offer household accessories, kitchen utensils, DIY furniture, baking supplies, and other things.
Always start your business with simple things that have a great deal of potential. There are trendy and affordable kitchen accessories available in the market that make people’s work easier. People love to purchase these things since they are affordable and functional.
If you sell costlier and more complicated products, potential customers might not try them, and the chances of sales are low. In addition, there will be many queries about how the product operates. Despite the variety of product options, you must choose the right things to sell in these areas.
3. Toys & Games:
Toys and Games are one of the essential product categories that keep children busy and active. You can sell toys and games for all different age ranges, interests, etc in this category.
Toys are a source of enjoyment for children between the ages of 4 months and six years. Children as young as four years old use toys to entertain themselves and for educational purposes. Selling unique and educational toys will draw in parents, increasing your toy category sales.
When it comes to games, kids above the age of seven like it helps them to develop their planning, organizing, patience, and intellect skills.
There are various original games available to develop kids’ cognitive skills.
Nowadays, parents tend to choose games and toys for their children that will keep them interested for a long period while also encouraging intelligence.
Young individuals are always drawn to electronic devices. People are constantly interested in discovering new, affordable electronic devices. The market is flooded with electronics, protective accessories, and supporting accessories related to electronics. Electronic products come in various categories, including televisions, headphones, speakers, home theater systems, DSLR cameras, and security cameras.
To increase efficiency, new products are continuously developed in this area at lower costs. Technological advancements have enabled people to create innovative electronic devices. Amazon has some private-label brands in high demand and doing very well. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a simple, reasonably priced, and effective device if you are truly skilled at inventing electronic items.
But While getting started, you can get started with small accessories like mobile back covers, pen drives, cleaners, Tripods & Monopods, camera accessories, etc.
5. Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry:
Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry are always highly in-demand products to sell on Amazon. The only condition is that they should be unique and of exceptional quality. People often buy these products impulsively in their free time. So it is important to ensure you are selling eye catchy products as that might lead to more sales and positive reviews.
People always look for quality products with affordable costs to purchase, so always choose potential products with affordable prices. Since there is already much competition in the market for apparel, so it important to make your products distinctive. Customers will be drawn to the product if it stands out from the competition.
When it comes to shoes, you can sell designer sneakers, sports shoes, and other footwear. But make sure they are of good quality because these are purchased using to use more often. People usually prefer to buy branded shoes, But if you have your brand sell under your private label via Amazon FBA.
To be profitable and survive in this niche for a long time, you need to sell top-notch products that earn customers’ trust. Some unique products you can sell under this category are Crocs, workout clothing, Socks, Undergarments and swimwear, partywear, etc.
You have the choice to sell a variety of things in this category. Home décor, crafts like macrame, paintings, cosmetic goods, aroma candles, gift baskets, jewelry, etc., are a few.
Besides that, shopping for eco-friendly and organic products is a necessary practice that many individuals now practice. People these days prefer authentic handmade products. These products are rare and precious these days; when combined with an eco-friendly choice, the products can succeed without a hitch. You can even give them the option of customization with text, images, or logos.
The only thing to keep in mind is to offer attractive products, serve their purpose, and are of good quality.
Some best-selling handmade products are soaps, moisturizers, lip balm, woven bags, home decor, etc.
7. Print-On-Demand products:
This is another great opportunity to utilize if you are an artist who creates great designs. In this category, you can sell products with different prints.
There are two ways you can print products: either on your own or with a partner who offers print-on-demand services. Many platforms offer direct integration with the Amazon store, one of them being Printful.
You can sell products to customers with a range of interests with unique designs. You can hire a graphic designer if you need to become more familiar with designing.
You can provide customization based on the consumer’s needs in the print-on-demand industry. Products can be personalized on Amazon using text, photos, or logos.
Some popular products you can sell are T-shirts & hoodies, Hats, Pillows, Mugs, Posters, Stickers, Phone cases, Mouse pads, and Tote bags.
8. Video Games:
This is a popular product category that attracts both adults and children. These products have created never-ending demands for gaming products these days.
You can provide discounts or other benefits while selling these products to draw in more buyers.
There is a category that distinguishes between various gaming systems, including Nintendo, PlayStation, Wii, Mac games, PC games, etc.
Some of the most popular products you can sell in this category are Gaming headsets, Gaming controllers, racing wheels, Battery packs for controllers, Gaming mouse, control pads, Gift cards for Playstation, etc.
9. Digital Products
If you are a digital creator, musician, author, or app developer, Amazon can be your go-to platform for selling your digital products. Selling digital products doesn’t require you to possess physical products or deliver products. Anyone with decent internet can access your product from anywhere in the world. This is why people consider digital products the best passive income source.
There are tons of digital product options that you can sell on Amazon, which includes eBooks, music, art, app, online games, and software. All you have to do is find the right line/niche to invest in only once.
For instance, if you are a full-time or part-time author, you can sign up for Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), which is a self-publishing platform for authors and teachers. And then, you can upload your book on the platform. When an interested audience purchases your book, you will earn upto 70% royalties.
In this whole process, you only uploaded your content once. Then you can sell unlimited units without worrying about inventory, storage, or shipping. Similarly, you can earn money by signing up to the right Amazon platform to sell your digital products.
10. Books & eBooks
Here are some ideas for products you can sell in the Books & eBooks category on Amazon:
- Fiction and non-fiction print books – This includes all types of books, from novels to self-help to cookbooks. Amazon allows authors and publishers to sell both paperback and hardcover books.
- Kindle eBooks – Kindle books are digital versions that can be read on Kindle devices or Kindle apps. This is a major part of Amazon’s business. You can sell eBooks you’ve authored or publish other authors’ eBooks.
- Audiobooks – Audiobooks are a growing market, and Amazon allows audiobook versions of books to be sold through ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange). You can produce your own audiobooks or find audiobook productions of books.
- PDF books – Some sellers offer books in PDF format that can be downloaded, viewed on any device, and printed. These function like eBooks.
- Course books or textbooks – Educational course books around personal development, business, health, etc., are popular on Amazon. These are often priced higher than regular books.
- Coloring books and activity books – These types of books for adults or kids sell well on Amazon too. Coloring books are especially popular.
- How-to guides/information products – Short how-to guides around various topics can also be listed under Books and sold as Kindle eBooks.
- Book summaries – There is a demand for summarized versions of popular book titles and non-fiction books. These condensed versions can also be sold.
The key is conducting good keyword research to identify profitable niches and hot book topics to create books around. Using Amazon’s KDP platform makes listing both eBooks and print books easy.
Final Words: Best Products To Sell On Amazon (2023)
Before choosing any product category, You should research market trends, competitive selling strategies, and USPs before deciding on a product category. If the product is rare, you should recognize the market gap and consider how you can provide the greatest services. If the product is readily available on the market, provide some offers like quick shipment, discounts, etc.
The above listed are the best products to sell on Amazon. I hope this list has given you some insight into how to pick the best products to sell on Amazon, as well as the product categories you have access to.
1. What is the best product to sell on Amazon?
This is the list of the best product to sell on Amazon:
- Pet supplies
- Home and Kitchen
- Toys and Games
- Clothing, Shoes, and Jewelry
- Handmade products
- Video Games
2. What is the most profitable way to sell on Amazon?
To be more profitable on Amazon, you should sell in-demand products under your label through Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
3. What items are in high demand right now?
- Pet supplies.
- Beauty products
- Designer sunglasses.
- Children’s toys and games.
- Handmade products
- Video games.
4. What is the most successful product to sell?
According to Amazon’s website, these are the successful products to sell:
- Kitchen and Home
- Eco-friendly products
- Workout essentials
- Pet supplies
- Cleaning essentials
- Women’s Apparel
- Fitness Equipment