Wix is undoubtedly one of the best website builders in the market. But if you’re seeking alternatives in terms of features or pricing, we’ve compiled a list of the top 12 Wix alternatives, So that you can choose the best one to match your requirements.
This article includes a list of the top 12 Wix alternatives and information on their advantages, drawbacks, pricing, and availability.
Top 12 Wix Alternatives: In A Nutshell (2024)
Listed below are the top 12 alternatives of Wix that you can select based on your needs
|Same as Wix with more design templates
|Open source and Highly customizable website builder
|Rich eCommerce features
|Decent website with reasonable pricing
|multilingual website in less price
|Yes(with SSL certification)
|E-Commerce store with AI-powered tools in less price
|Preferred to for portfolios or small businesses for basic features
|Small businesses looking for easy to use platform with social media integration.
|All in one website related solutions provider from hosting to the website builder.
|Freelancers or agencies who quickly want to build their website with basic features.
|All-in-one tool for creating online stores
|Simple and easier website builder to create website quickly
Squarespace is one of the top website builders with performance capabilities same level as Wix. It is known for its unique templates and user-friendliness. It includes different types of customization options with a steep learning curve.
- They offer attractive templates for every type of website, from personal websites to eCommerce stores.
- It provides unlimited bandwidth and storage for your website.
- They include powerful blogging options
- They provide quality customer support via live chat, email, Twitter, knowledge base, and community forum.
- It provides inbuilt marketing and eCommerce functionalities.
- Squarespace does not offer a free plan.
- They have limited third-party apps and add-ons if you want to add additional features.
Why to choose Squarespace?
It is preferred by small businesses looking for an attractive website with easy customization and blogging features. It also provides eCommerce functionality without any transaction fee.
WordPress is mostly preferred for Content-based websites. It powers one-third of the total websites on the internet; however, it is undoubtedly the best platform to use for anyone. It is known for its customization flexibility and many plugin options.
- It is an extremely customizable website builder in terms of design and pricing which means you pay for what you use.
- You get to choose from a huge number of free and paid plugins and themes.
- You can adjust the platform’s pricing according to your functionalities.
- Blogging and SEO features are easily available through this platform.
- It is possible to choose a hosting provider and handle hosting charges separately.
- It might be quite difficult for beginners to use WordPress because it requires technical knowledge.
- You need to pay additional charges for every feature, unlike other platforms.
WordPress is an open-source website builder anyone can use it for free. You must pay for domain registration and hosting to make the website live. You might also need to pay for themes and plugins if you want additional features. The average estimate is given in the table:
|Starts from $2.95/month.
|0-$200 (one-time charge)
|$0 – $1,000 (paid monthly oy yearly)
Why choose WordPress?
It is best for someone who wants to build a complex website that focuses on blog and SEO. It is suitable for people who have the technical expertise to build and operate the website.
It is a popular platform for building eCommerce stores. Shopify provides most of the eCommerce and marketing features inbuilt. The platform is easy to use and allows you to create your account, design your website and add products within a few steps.
- You don’t need technical expertise to operate the eCommerce store built with Shopify.
- A large number of themes are available, as well as a drag-and-drop website builder that designs the website easily.
- Shopify provides all the eCommerce features inbuilt.
- They provide various third-party apps for your requirement like marketing, shipping, dropshipping, etc.
- They provide integration with many free and paid dropshipping apps.
- They do not offer advanced blogging and SEO features.
- Shopify charges transaction fees for third-party payment gateways except for Shopify payments.
Why choose Shopify?
Shopify is suitable for someone who wants to build a fully-fledged eCommerce store with all the inbuilt functionalities.
It is a Website Builder mostly preferred by small businesses. Although they do not offer the most advanced features, They provide basic features with reasonable pricing and a free plan.
- It provides beginner-friendly eCommerce features with reasonable pricing
- They offer inbuilt blogging functionality.
- They offer a free plan to build your website.
- They include impressive SEO functionality.
- You can build large websites with upto 20 web pages.
- They provide poor website speed issues
- They charge a 3% transaction fee on each payment
- It provides the least customization option for the website.
|$6 per month
|$12 per month
|$26 per month
Why choose Weebly?
It is chosen by beginners or small businesses who want to start an eCommerce store with blogging features.
It is an affordable website builder with attractive design templates. Although it lacks some important features, it offers multilingual functionality with minimal pricing.
- They offer multilingual websites for affordable pricing.
- They provide free email addresses
- They have a free plan with SSL certification
- It is easy to design the website with less effort.
- You can get to design unlimited pages for your website.
- They provide limited customization options and eCommerce features.
- A few basic features are lacking in blogging functionality, such as h1 and h2, multiple contributors.
Why to choose Webnode?
It is recommended for someone who wants a multilingual site with fewer features and reasonable pricing.
It is an easy-to-use website builder with AI-powered tools. They do not provide advanced functionality but basic features with affordable pricing.
- They offer a drag-and-drop website builder, which makes it easy to build the website
- Zyro offers a free domain for one year.
- They offer some AI-powered tools(writer, heatmap, and logo maker) to make your work easy.
- It provides great customer support via email, live chat, and other online resources like articles.
- They have inbuilt blogging and SEO tools.
- They lack marketing features, and they do not have an app store.
- You cannot change the template once the site is published.
Why choose Zyro?
It is recommended for people who want to start an online store with a small budget without any marketing features. If you are looking for something similar to Wix with less price and features, Zyro is the best substitution.
Many people prefer it when building portfolios or small websites. Since this platform is dedicatedly built for small businesses, it does not offer powerful features.
- It is user-friendly and can quickly build your website within a few steps.
- It comes with ADI functionality which is helpful for those who do not have experience in website designing.
- You can get a mobile-optimized website for all devices.
- They provide Facebook and Instagram integration.
- It mostly focuses on and caters European market, and shipping to other countries is not possible
- They do not offer blogging functionality and provide limited SEO features.
Why choose Jimdo?
It is recommended for someone who wants a minimal website builder with fewer features at reasonable prices. It is mostly preferred by freelancers and small-scale businesses looking for affordable website builders.
It is known for its Webhosting and is preferred by small businesses that need simple features to operate their businesses at reasonable pricing.
- Gator provides a bunch of templates with drag and drops website builders to make your job easy.
- It can directly integrate your website with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- They provide mobile-optimized websites.
- They offer analytics functionality to monitor the website data.
- Gator provides great storage capacity and unlimited bandwidth.
- They lack email marketing features.
- Gator does not provide responsive support for the starter plan compared to the other two.
Why choose Gator?
It is recommended for someone who needs a simple and easy-to-use website without technical expertise.
GoDaddy is most well-known for its Webhosting. It provides end-to-end services related to website building and hosting.
- They provide a huge number of templates to build your website.
- They provide email marketing and SEO Wiz feature in all paid plans except basic.
- They provide a free plan.
- They offer Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- They offer blog functionality allowing for comments.
- You cannot change the hosting provider once you build the website with GoDaddy.
- They have restrictive SEO functionality.
Why choose GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is recommended for someone looking for a one-solutions provider for all the website needs.
This platform is dedicated to freelancers or agencies who want to build their websites quickly. Furthermore, they do not provide advanced features and are unsuitable for large-scale businesses.
- This platform does not need any technical skills as the interface is user-friendly.
- You get to add apps and widgets to make your website.
- You get access to team & client management functionality for all the plans except basic.
- In the agency plan, you get to build 4 websites with AWS hosting.
- Its pricing plans are expensive compared to other platforms.
- Duda doesn’t provide complete freedom over website customization.
Why it is best?
Duda might not be the best website builder out there, but it can create solid websites for freelancers and agencies. They provide some unique functionalities which might suit a variety of businesses
If you are looking to create an online store, then BigCommerce is the perfect Wix alternative for you. It has some amazing features which you can use to scale your business to the next level. It is also a self-hosted platform, just like Wix. BigCommerce also integrates really well with WordPress, and you can use both platforms’ features to grow your online store.
- There are no hidden fees on BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce is great for creating an online store with different categories of products.
- BigCommerce supports multiple payment gateways.
- This platform is known for its amazing SEO features.
- It has the best sales tools.
- A lot of features can be overwhelming for a beginner.
- BigCommerce does not support multiple languages.
- Not the best platform for blogging.
If you are searching for a fast and easy website builder to create a website, then Site123 is the perfect Wix alternative for you. It is also one of the cheapest alternative to Wix. This is also a great option for those who don’t want make a lot design changes on their website. You can start creating a website on Site123 with its free plan in no time.
- Drag & drop interface like all the alternatives from this list.
- Connect your website to a custom domain.
- Website templates are already mobile-optimized.
- 24*7 customer support via live chat.
- Basic eCommerce features to help you start selling products.
- Too simple and not great for designers & developers.
- Not many templates option are available for you to choose from.
Which Platform Is Suitable for Your Business?-Table
Here is a summary of the best Wix alternatives to help you choose the best platform according to your requirements.
|Small businesses looking for an attractive website with blogging
|Businesses who want to build complex websites with various customization options.
|Individuals who want to start a fully-fledged eCommerce store with all the inbuilt features.
|Suitable for small eCommerce businesses with reasonable pricing
|Individuals who want to build a multilingual website with basic features
|Individuals who want limited features with affordable pricing with AI-powered branding tools.
|For freelancers who want to build portfolios or small websites with basic features
|Jimdo, Gator, Duda
|One-stop solution providers for all your website needs.
Conclusion: Best Wix Alternatives (2024)
Here is a list of the top 10 Wix alternatives you should consider. All platforms have the potential to perform at their peak only when properly selected. Each platform serves specific businesses with different requirements. So it is important to choose the platform that aligns with your needs. Therefore, before selecting any platform, you should conduct thorough research. I hope this comprehensive article has you in figuring out the right platform for your business.